Thursday 11 February 2016

No Bake Oatmeal Protein Bites

At this time of year, I always seem to lack energy. I blame it on the limited hours of daylight along with the cold and wet weather and temperatures in January. Part of my New Years Refresh is also to buy and eat less processed foods, but one of the items I always still seem to buy are granola or energy bars. They are healthy, convenient when on the run and filling. 
In an effort to eat less processed foods, I have decided to make my own. These no bake oatmeal protein bars or bites, are one of my favorite options. 

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups Peanut Butter
5 cups Oatmeal (instant)
1 cup Coconut milk or cream
3 tbsp Honey
3 cups (60gr Protein) Vanilla Protein Powder





1. Mix the Coconut Cream or Milk with the Peanut Butter until smooth.

2. Add the honey and and mix till combined

3. Add Vanilla Protein Powder and mix all ingredients well

4. Slowly add the oatmeal 1 cup at a time until combined.

5. Add any optional ingredients to add some interest. Some of my favourites are chocolate chips, almonds or cashews.

6. Spray and prepare a shallow pan with wax paper (or aluminum foil, if like me you ran out of wax paper)

7. Spread the mixture evenly across the pan and place in fridge overnight, or at least 2 hours.

8. Take the wax paper and bars out of pan and cut into desired sizes. I like bite sized bars.

ENJOY and BON APPETITE

No comments:

Post a Comment